When selecting a finish for your product, you need to be in the "know" with the positives and their counterparts.
- Allows wood to remain in true natural condition
- Natural enzymes in the wood are proven to fight against bacteria
- Aging and patina change as wood is exposed to air and light building a lifetime of character
- Minor repairs can easily be done by homeowner with no special tools
- Top can be “refreshed” immediately by applying mineral oil at any time.
- Mineral oil is readily available and very inexpensive
- Quickest lead time of any of the finishes.
- Customers typically complain about the “mess” of using mineral oil
- Not good for newspapers, paperwork, purses, etc, being placed on countertop recently oiled
- Requires oiling by homeowner once a week the first month, then once a month thereafter as the homeowner sees fit
- Lack of oiling may cause cracking or warping of countertop
- Finish hardens on top surface
- Very durable, and impact resistant
- Allows wood color to remain natural
- No color change or very little color change for years
- Quick lead/delivery times
- Easier to match customer’s request for stains
- Maintenance free sealer
- Some customers do not like the fact that the wood is very slow to change in color over time
- Offers a satin sheen appearance only
- Major scratches and damage, must be repaired in our facility